Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality are the technologies we collectively refer to as Extended Reality — XR for short. These transformative technologies are powered by artificial intelligence (AI), connected to the Internet of Things (IoT), and delivered through the cloud and integrated into systems.
This collision of the physical and digital worlds is leading to greater efficiency and safety while driving productivity. By 2020, 25 percent of all field service workers will be using XR on a mobile device or a headsets that allow workers to be hands-free and heads-up, improving safety and productivity.
But XR isn’t useful just for industrial and field service employees coping with complicated workflows — it can also be used by healthcare professionals, pilots, police and professionals in many other industries to learn faster while acclimating to stressful and even hazardous job scenarios.
Imagine if every employee performed as well as your top 10 percent of employees. XR unlocks the power of enterprise data and the knowledge residing in ticket resolutions, manuals and work instructions, making that expertise available to every employee the moment they need it. XR can also speed up the onboarding process for new workers and improve productivity by providing immersive training, ongoing education and support on the job.
So, how do you integrate XR in your business workflows? Just follow these 8 steps:
- Assess the biggest impacts of XR: Hear case studies from across industry verticals with deep dive sessions on how it’s revolutionizing training, collaboration, design & marketing
- Overcome barriers to adoption: Get frontline insights on how to navigate the hurdles to incorporating XR technologies into workflows across the business
- Identify the right use-cases: Understand which technologies and platforms suit which purposes. And how to make sure you always pick the right applications for your business
- Drive XR projects from POC to deployment: Find out how to get applications into practical use once proven
- Find the right partners: Who’s going to help you really integrate the technology and address your pain points effectively to drive tangible business gains?
- AR, VR OR MR? Learn which is right for which applications – and how to make sure you don’t waste time and money finding out
- Get your projects to scale: Overcome the challenges of scaling XR in your business. Find out what it takes to get projects from concept to pilot to full-scale deployment
- Approve the business case and demonstrate ROI: Get dozens of examples of where immersive technologies are helping your company improve productivity, drive efficiencies and reduce errors